Imagine a weekly time of corporate worship where...
- The Holy Spirit draws the lost and the found into deeper relationship with God.
- From beginning to end, you are encouraged to worship God wholly with your heart,
mind, soul, and strength in a multi-sensory way.
- Prayer permeates everything.
- Healing is contended for--physically, spiritually, emotionally.
- The bonds of family are strengthened as we share moments of awe and wonder at who God is and what He’s doing.
- New songs of worship are birthed, and the rich heritage of hymns and spiritual songs are still embraced.
- The new life available in Christ is celebrated through Communion and Baptism.
- The Scriptures are reflected on in creative ways.
This is a snapshot of our heart for the corporate worship at Crossroads!
Below are the the Core Values that drive our ministry:
EXPECTANCY – CREATIVITY – FAMILY – WORSHIP
We are made to live with EXPECTANCY
- God’s presence and power is fully available at all times,
but our awareness of Him may wax and wane. God likes to work in, around,and through
those whose hearts and minds are surrendered and expectant for Him to move. (Eph. 3:20, Deut. 30:11-16)
- We are to wait on God, and there is an activeness (go for the ask!)
and a passiveness (trust in His timing/ways) involved. (Ps. 37:3-7, Matt. 7:7)
- The veil between heaven and earth is very thin. God is closer than we think,
and openness to the Holy Spirit is essential. (1 Cor. 6:19, Matt. 5:1-12)
We are made to be CREATIVE for His glory
- God is creative by nature, and created us in His image also as creative beings.
Some of the most seemingly ordinary yet spiritual connections with
God can occur when we are creating. (Col. 3:23, Gen. 1)
- We don’t create just for creativity’s sake, but sow/invest in creativity that will last.
We look for where there is already fertile soil, and join God there. (Matt. 13)
- We understand that everything has its season, that fertile areas change, and that’s ok. (Eccl. 3)
- God will help us as a team to discern what areas of creativity to invest in as we wait on Him. (Matt. 13)
We are made to be a FAMILY
- Healthy families live and love well together, and they put up with each other’s quirks.
We won’t force family on anyone. (Mark 12:30-31, Acts 2)
- We keep short accounts, we don’t gossip, slander or lie but show grace, mercy and love.
We keep it real. (Matt. 18, Proverbs 16:28, 26:20)
- We have fun together. (Acts 2)
- We recognize our strengths and weaknesses, and we support each other. (1 Cor. 12, Gal. 6:2)
We are made to WORSHIP God with all our heart, mind, soul, & strength.
- God is looking for worshipers (John 4:23-24), and we are wired to look for Him (Ecc. 3:11)! Worshipping God with all our strength becomes a lifestyle devoted to the ever-searching journey to know Him more deeply. (Mark 12:30-31)
- Worshiping God with an undivided heart honors Him, as we lay our whole selves at His feet (Ps. 86:11)
- Worshiping God with our mind is essential, letting Him continually transform the way we think. (Romans 12, Eph. 5:16)
- God welcomes us to worship Him in every season of the soul. He has been there, and can relate. (Heb. 4:14-16)